Sign in to follow this  
fisherman

Flaking Behr Stain

Question

Hi All, I have a ? What would take Behr oil deck stain off pressure treated wood? This stuff is oil but water clean up? What stripper would you recommend. I plan on using a better product Cabots Ben Moore. Any suggestions. The spindles look good. Is it possible to strip just the deck and steps/ Thanks for any info Bill

3 answers to this question

Hello Fisherman~ I suggest you do a little bit of "fishing" around previous threads on this forum. There is quite a bit of advice that has been shared by many of the professional wood workers who contribute regularly. Have a look around, youll find the advice you need on stripping BEHR finishes.

Hi All, I have a ? What would take Behr oil deck stain off pressure treated wood? This stuff is oil but water clean up? What stripper would you recommend. I plan on using a better product Cabots Ben Moore. Any suggestions. The spindles look good. Is it possible to strip just the deck and steps/ Thanks for any info Bill

I assume that this is the silicone stuff they are selling these days. If so, Behr sells a stripper that will, mostly, work. Apply per instructions and be prepared to repeat. (I've spoken to people at Behr and they profess to not ever hearing that the silicone sealer is difficult to remove.)