Sign in to follow this  
jeffex11

bleach to clean vinyl

Question

I tried the outdoor bleach (soap and bleach mixture) to clean vinyl and and VERY happy with the results. Squirt it on and it does the work for you. I used to use vinyl brite and it worked well but didn't kill the mold like bleach. The powerwashing part is greatly reduced in time and its great for dormers where your lucky to get a shot at them . the downside is the tie died look to my clothes and hat!!!! I may be getting some white shorts and shirts for house cleaning!!!! I just cleaned a garage roof and the black from the gutters on a house SAT. and gave out some of the highest prices for house cleaning since I have been in business. Million + $ homes. We'll see if they go for it?

5 answers to this question

Go buy some Dickies uniform pants and Dickies button-up work shirts. They don't spot up from bleach. I wear the blue pants and brown button-up shirts. The brown shirts do spot up slightly, but it is not very noticeable. But the blue pants are very resilient to the effects of bleach. About $20 a pair for the pants and I think around $15 for the shirts at Wal-Mart. Well worth it though.

Jeff

i'm a little curious as to what percentage of bleach is actually hitting the house. what is your ratio of bleach to water? my percentage of shc (bleach) is below 1% making it safe on outdoor carpet, awnings, and my clothes. this percentage combined with a few other goodies has always performed well for me. i also heat my water up a little help the process. the times i get my clothes bleached is when i may be mixing and get a splash. i prefer the white dickies from walmart.

good luck,

rando

thanks for the replys. thats a good idea about the painter pants from dickies. I buy the outdoor bleach from home depot and mix it 3 parts water to 1 part bleach . I may try some cheaper mixture and make my own but 1 gal @ $6 does a whole house so big deal. it works and its convienent

the downside is the tie died look to my clothes and hat!!!! I may be getting some white shorts and shirts for house cleaning

For heaven's sake man, if you try the white painters shorts make sure you are wearing white boxers underneath as they tend to show through when they get wet putting you in a TMI situation. lol

The Dickies khaki, blue, or gray work pants (the ones made of 65% polyester 35% cotton) are treated with a stain resistant finish and hold up extremely well to bleach.