Sign in to follow this  
Tegrey

Nasty House!

Question

My worst vinyl cleaning to date! This house is across the street from a factory. Trucks drive past hundreds of times a day. The fuel clings to the siding. The dark area is actually cleaned with Simple Cherry as usual. The cleaner side is cleaned with f-13. Thank goodness for Bob. He gave me the lowdown on this job. It took me three hrs. of scrubbing to get it right. Have you experienced the same or similar situations? Thank You.

post-2261-137772212781_thumb.jpg

post-2261-137772212789_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tegrey
picture

9 answers to this question

Looks like fun. I've had a couple homes on the older western side of Dayton (old factory area) that had YEARS of soot, grease, diesel fumes and the like. Ended up going to F-13 and even F-18 in some areas (also but some butyl based stuff to make sure it did the job - that was a HOT mix). I am a Simple Cherry fan as well, but the regular mix certainly wasn't handling those houses.

Wild cherry didn't do it? I throw in a cup of F-13 into my simple cherry/love mix for homes like that - two cups if I think it's really really really bad. I guess perhaps a hot tank is what would be needed in this instance.

Man, those beside it look like aluminum siding, with the same issues. We have an Owens Corning plant here in town and I've done a few of those over the years. A couple were actually insurance jobs that Owens Corning had done for the home owners to keep them happy. Trucks in and out all day long!!

Jeff

I cant believe the wild cherry mix didnt get it... Brushing the entire house? I did that before I found PT State and never again without bumping the price up and bunch

Looks like the neighbors need a good wash, and a good painter. Is that some kind of hardibacker siding on the second house over? I guess in a place like that, one just gives up on keeping a somewhat clean exterior.

Edited by weaselcossey
miscommunication