Sign in to follow this  
Finish Line

Labor for Learning Part 2

Question

Hi everyone,

I would like to get some hands on learning on exterior wood (decks, fences, etc.) so I can start my biz up next year with some confidence. I'm from Iowa City, IA. I would be willing to travel quite a ways to learn. I can provide some good labor in return as well. Let me know if there is anyone out there interested.

Thanks!

Ryan Albright

Iowa City, IA

319-430-7743

3 answers to this question

Ryan I believe the season is starting to wind down now for this year so you might not get much help. Also no one will train you in a market you will share with them. Just read here all you can this winter and try to do some small stuff like picknic tables and chairs and stuff for people you know. The process is pretty much the same, you get to use your equiptment and it makes good practice without big comitments in time, expense and accountability. Hint,,make their small pieces look great then they will have to have you come back to make their crappy deck match. LOL

Also look into Armstrong Clark Stains, ( Armclark.com ) they are very user friendly and a very good product. There is a Armstrong Clark thread here, look into it.

Good luck.