Sign in to follow this  
plainpainter

Latest house wash

Question

This is a stained cedar clapboard and barnboard house with rough side out - this house really kicked me where it hurts, the front of the home was especially the hardest to clean - did the whole job with just a ball valve. But Just Plain Painting made sure to satisfy another customer!

post-1720-137772218007_thumb.jpg

post-1720-13777221805_thumb.jpg

2 answers to this question

That little cubby area where the trash can was in, man the slime on the barnboard was so thick and disgusting - I think I almost saw it quiver when I first applied chems. Either I am not mixing my chems and getting them properly homogenized sometimes - or this stuff was just real nasty. I think I applied chems in certain spots on this one side of the home at least 10 times. I will say this - a ball valve sure makes a more potent cleaner with less chems, it can foam your chems as you apply it - and you generally use less chems to do the same job. It took me 3 hours of working to empty one 5 gallon container downstreamed! Now there is climbing on the roof time with that - and rerouting hoses and shutting the machine off twice. But that mildew didn't come off any slower than had I used a wand and sucking up a 5'er every 20 minutes.