Sign in to follow this  
FLORIN

Gutter gloves

Question

Can anybody recommend a decent pair of gloves that can be used for hand gutter cleaning. Tried rubber gloves but they get caught and torn too easyly. Tried thicker gloves but make my hand that much fatter and cant scoup out too good. Plus cold weather is coming. Maybe have some warmth to them too.

My hands are getting tore up on the 5+ a day gutter cleanings to the point where i have trouble moving my hands due to all the cuts and scratches.

5 answers to this question

Florin -

I don't know if these would be too thick for you, but during a conversation I had with Matt Johnson at the Myrtle Beach RT, he had a GREAT suggestion for keeping your hands dry and warm in the winter...he uses scuba diving gloves! I thought it was a great idea, one that may work for you if they're not too thick. They would probably protect your hands pretty well.

- John

The neoprene ice fishin style gloves might work well also. They are 100% waterproof and warm but are still thin enough to work efficiently. You could probably find them at www.cabellas.com or I even found a pair at the local Walmart.

Florin,

Here is a link to a great glove. Atlas 372 Assembly Grip Gloves - Palmflex-1-800-856-4817

These will keep your hand warmer than just pvc or rubber with the lining yet give you great dexterity. They are very resonable as well. Buy a case and try to keep up with them, everyone that trys one will walk off with them. I have always had good luck with all Atlas gloves of any kind. My Mother swears by her mud gloves and other gardening gloves that they make. Hope you like them.