Sign in to follow this  
Keoki

How much is this worth?

Question

I am looking for some equipment to start doing residental cleaning. I have come across this used BE Pressure washer and wanted to now how much I should expect to pay. The seller says they only used the PW for less than 40hrs.

Description: 13 HP GX Comet

Engine: Honda 13HP GX390

Pump: Comet ZWD4040G

PSI: 4,000

GPM: 4.0

Weight: 175 lbs.

Components: 16,000 Cleaning units, Chemical injector kit, 13" Pneumatic tires, 50ft Steel braided non-marking hose, "EZ" Start adjustable unloader, Thermal relief valve [145°], 4 Quick-Connect spray tips, Industrial Triplex Pump, 5,000 PSI Gun, 36" Insulated Lance, Direct Drive

What do you guys think? Thanks.

8 answers to this question

He calls it a direct drive at the end of the post.

Brand new it's worth $950 if it has an aluminum frame plus shipping and you could probably get it free shipping if you shopped around.

Used it's worth like $450.The reason is if they ran it dry the pump's almost shot.They could have abused it.Honda is good Comet I really don't know alot about.It's used and everything used is worth half of new in my book and that's just a starting price it goes down from there

Thanks, used PW's are a little hard to come by where I live. This unit new is about $1200+ and he wants $950, but I thought that was too much. Because I just want to start w/ residential cleaning, would the 3800psi/4gpm DeWalt PW from HomeDepot work? Thanks for the help.

The Dewalt from HD or the John Deere from Lowes is the same thing speck wise as the one your looking at. I've got one of the John Deeres' and I paid 920.00 new. I wouldn't concider paying that much for a used one. If he wants more than 500.00 go get the HD or Lowe's one. For 950.00 go get the new one.

is it a belt drive

thats what i was going to ask.lolAnyways if it is not a belt drive it is not worth it.Get yourself a belt drive unit and you wont go wrong.300.00 max for this unit if it works,but if the pump is messed up 100.00.Thank you marko

Edited by cleanhoods

Don't be cheap at business start up . Buy new machine. HD or Lowes would work perfect for residential. Expect to pay about $1000 for a 4 gpm and 4000 psi . You will need more high pressure hose .

Right now it's a good time to look for one on sale.

Used be pw is worth maybe $500 and you don't know in what shape the pump is ... do you really want to start your business with broken machine ?

BTW ... comet pumps are very good quality ... but the one on BE machine is the cheapest kind which may last 100 hours or so ... big pumps can last 500 or more hours without rebuilding.

Good luck ! Stay wet ! ;-)

I am looking for some equipment to start doing residental cleaning. I have come across this used BE Pressure washer and wanted to now how much I should expect to pay. The seller says they only used the PW for less than 40hrs.

Description: 13 HP GX Comet

Engine: Honda 13HP GX390

Pump: Comet ZWD4040G

PSI: 4,000

GPM: 4.0

Weight: 175 lbs.

Components: 16,000 Cleaning units, Chemical injector kit, 13" Pneumatic tires, 50ft Steel braided non-marking hose, "EZ" Start adjustable unloader, Thermal relief valve [145°], 4 Quick-Connect spray tips, Industrial Triplex Pump, 5,000 PSI Gun, 36" Insulated Lance, Direct Drive

What do you guys think? Thanks.

I think I'll wait a little while longer and go w/ a belt drive. I keep reading here that they last much longer. Water Cannon has one for about $1300 w/ a General Pump TS4040, is that a durable pump? Thanks again everyone for all the great insight.