Sign in to follow this  
FLORIN

Door problems

Question

Darn, I thought I was gonna go the whole year with no complaints.. Just got a call this morning from a customer which i did a housewash for him on Sunday. He called and said that his front door is dull, duller in places than it was before. And that his brass is dull too. It is a light blue painted door. I used a normal housewash mix of SH. I want to go tonight to rectify the problem but would like to bring along with me the right chems or soulutions to rectify it. What do I need to bring or buy to fix this? I know a brass polish but what aboout the door? Would a good wax work? if it is blotchy do i have to do anything else before a wax? Is there anything else I could try?

5 answers to this question

probably Brasso on the brass, But The guys door may have faded because you washe dthe dirt off. Might need a paint job. Never really had that problem.... Did he have a storm door?

probably Brasso on the brass, But The guys door may have faded because you washe dthe dirt off. Might need a paint job. Never really had that problem.... Did he have a storm door?

Just a plain old wooden painted door. He is saying it took the shine away from the paint in some areas.

Thanks. Got some brasso brass polish. some wax. bringing some housewash solution with me and if all fails I will just repaint it if he chooses me to.

I had the same thing happen to me o the painted door, was a n older house, I made sure the whole door looked uniform and he didn't notice it so I didn't say anything about it. It wasn't too noticable either, not blotchy. Good Luck!!!!