Sign in to follow this  
Paul B.

New Computer.

Question

After some price and information chasing, I bit the bullit and purchased a new desktop. I went with another Sony product as I can't complain about my Sony laptop and the price, apples to apples, was $500 less than a Dell unit.

It's an RZ54G with bunches of GigaHertz (3.2 I believe). Loaded up 1GB of RAM, 200GB hard drive, a DVDwriter, a CD writer, a bunch of card readers, S-Video connector, a beer tap, refrigerator, kitchen sink and a port-o-potty (never have to leave the computer now for those misc. missions).

I have a nice piece of software called Sonic Stage Mastering Studio which sings on this computer. I can copy my records onto DVDs, I can copy from my 4-track and 16-track tape decks or thru a mic. into the program and onto DVDs.

Ohhhh, and I love my 17" Sony LCD monitor. The image is so nice and bright and the colors are soooo wonderful. I thought about a 19" but they are fairly expensive and it's actually too large for the distance I normally sit from it. It would just overwhelm the viewing. The black border around the screen helps improve the viewing. The studio has twin 19" monitors, but the seating is further from the screen.

My only problem now is that the better half (after seeing my new toy) wants to trade her Dell laptop for one of those fancy new large wide screen laptops.

Ohh well, at least it's not a trade-up to a new convertible (for now).

1 answer to this question

I know what you mean!!

My wife complained about her 14" CRT moniter and slooooow computer. So I gave her my 15" LCD and rebuilt a computer I had sitting around for her. All she wanted was an internet machine. It screamed because it was more stripped down than mine and actually runs faster than mine (even though the processor is half the speed and it has half the memory). I bought a new 17" LCD for myself, and now she has taken over mine!! No big deal though, I turned the other one into a jukebox for the kitchen; I also put all of my music (cd's, only one record, and no tracks of any kind) onto it and, with the network, can have good swing music playing all over the house, atleast until she comes home.