Sign in to follow this  
JustMe

Fans for the roof vent

I had donated to me a set of 8 stackable fans that I plan to stick four in a square and then stack the other four on top of them and install them in my reef vent, they only draw 12v @ .33 amps so they should run for a long time on a good battery. Has anyone ever done anything like this? Looking to draw as much heat out of the trailer as I can and this should work out good. I figure I will wire them in pairs too, that way I can turn two on at a time.

Something like the following is what I am talking about as far as how they will be mounted, then another stack of them on top so they assist and blow through the other ones.

[][]

[][]

Can't say I've used them, but I have a universal fan mounted in one of my roof vents to increase air flow. I say wire them up and see what sparks. :)

A nice sized boxfan strategically mounted in your trailer will provide good airflow too. I've got a 110 burner & generator, so it's not a problem. If you're running 12v, then a power inverter would be needed.

Moves a heck of a lot of air compared to teeny fans mounted in the roof vents.

These are pretty small but they are made to move large amounts of air in a massive server cabinets so I am gonna wire them up for a try, I will keep you guys posted as they are cheap and easy on a battery if you need to go that route.

If that don't work out I am going the power inverter way, but do you have any idea what the draw would be on a deep cycle battery for something like a box fan? this would be good information as well.

Thanks

If those fans don't work I would suggest going to Pep Boys or other auto part stores and getting a universal fan and mount it in the opening. You could then wire it to the ignition on your machine and it will turn on every time your up and running.