Sign in to follow this  
Pat Norman

Deck and Patio I Cleaned today...

Question

This was 1200 sf+ deck at a lakeside cabin I stripped the deck for sealing later and cleaned the brick patio today. Whew i'm tired! I sprayed the deck with F18max applied straight with my Bobcat at 2 oz per gallon,used about 15 gallons. Stripped with my dual lance and 45* tip. Neutralized with F8 at 9 oz gallon further diluted by my downstreamer. I did not realize until I started stripping that the portion of the deck starting about the picnic table was a new addition and thus newer wood. Could have never told beforehand! I hope the older wood continues to brighten for a while.

post-4465-137772244536_thumb.jpg

post-4465-137772244544_thumb.jpg

post-4465-137772244549_thumb.jpg

post-4465-137772244555_thumb.jpg

post-4465-13777224456_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

One thing I figured out today is I need an open gun for deck work. Man it is rough on the ole hand grip! I have a ball valve at end of my hose so open gun should be no real problem.

Man that was bad!!! I bet it was slippery when it was wet.

Exactly! I tried to stay on the cleaned part mostly but nearly busted my &$$ on numerous occasions. I ain't the most graceful creature anyway and a little slippery surface can really make a fool of me!

positive question/critique coming... in the last picture of the wood, it looks like your wand strayed or stopped a few times... the "check" marks on the un-clean part of the wood makes me ask/say this. try not to stop when doing the board, continue through the entire board one way, then return on the same board in one "run." Stopping will cause lines... and if needed to stop or do something, fan the wand up and away from the board (kind of hard to explain). But if you did what I'm saying, then ignore me!!!!

But you defenitely want to get a 3 ft. lance, with an easy pull gun and some tips to reduce the pressure... that dual lance will retire you early!!!

Edited by jbruno