Sign in to follow this  
svp07

Chem Injector?

Question

Is there a down stream chem injector that has the same big ratio as the X-jet; like 1:2? I would like to set up the injector just before the gun; I already have the x-jet m5 I just want to try something.

Thanks for the help,

Steve

Omega Power Washing, LLC

8 answers to this question

Nothing else like it on the market that will get you the 1:2 ratio.

Curious: Why the injector before the gun?

Some put the injector at the hose reel. No extra hose to lug around.

I've also wondered about the existance of such a device as well. I wouldn't mind it for something like roof cleaning where priming the hose is a problem or pulling around two hoses is a pain. It seems to me that a downstream port with an orifice the same size as that in the XJet would work. If anyone knows of one, please holler!

Ryan H.

The reason I was asking was because of the lost distance when injecting chems. If the injector was before the gun and not at the nozzle I think the distance would be maintained at 50 ft. and I like being able to turn off the chems close by.

I'm not sure I completely understand what you mean by:

"If the injector was before the gun and not at the nozzle I think the distance would be maintained at 50 ft and I like being able to turn off the chems close by.."

I think he means that when he injects chemicals with the Xjet, he loses distance. I've noticed the same thing with mine. I get a nice stream without chemicals, but with chemicals (or any kind of injection) the stream is reduced somewhat and has more spray and a reduced distance. I've checked for clogs or trash in the line and can't find anything. I just assumed it was a property of the Xjet. Distance on mine is reduced from about 40 ft to around 25-30, but like I said, I get more spray, which gets chemicals spread around more than I would like.

Thats what I was getting at Ryan. Do you think it would work and still maintain the distance? Just need to find the right injector.

Steve

I have never had any success with adjustable downstream injectors, but there are non-adjstable injectors various in varying sizes. I think that mine is 2.0 or 2.1. By varying the dilution of the chems, it is possible to get fairly high concentration.

With the X-Jet, when you add the chemical, you are adding volume to your output therefore your pressure is reduced. For example, at 2:1 with a 4 GPM, 3500psi machine, your total output (water and chemical) would be 6GPM but now you lose pressure because of the added volume (plus turbulance, drag, etc.), hence the loss of distance.

With upstreaming, you add your chemical prior to the pump, so you would always pump the same amount of fluid and your pressure is controlled by your nozzle size.

You could use a SureFlo pump to increase your volume, however, you need to be able to shut off your flow at the tip, otherwise the chemical would keep pumping out.

I seal brick with a Titan airless, and they have an extension pole (550-SC) 3-12ft that has a gun and nozzle at the end of the pole. The only problem is the low volume under .5 GPM. (I believe the pole and gun are rated at 3600psi.)

If you could find a small, high volume, lightweight gun that could be mounted to the end of an extension pole and operated remotely, you could tie it in with a Shurflo and it would make certain types of roof cleaning a breeze.