Sign in to follow this  
plainpainter

How far I have come.

Question

I just thought about business today and what I have achieved and realized how much I have actually accomplished on so little to go by.

In my 3rd full season as washing contractor performing low pressure house washing and deck restoration - as well as having accomplished 5 years in business as a residential painting contractor. I have yet to ever have seen another pressure washing company in action!

I have never ever never ever seen another pressure washer doing work during my entire career. I have never worked with anyone to give me training from labor - have never seen how to actually restore a deck. Everything I have accomplished is from talking over the phone with several contractors and vendors such as Bob Williamson and reading posts online.

I have gone and purchased my tandem axle trailer on my own - discussed with them modifications to my van to pull it. I have set up equipment on my own. I have just plumbed my bypass into my buffer tank after one full year of having my buffer. I've installed remote unloaders - gone and had special made hoses for my feed into my machines. Have made my own u-bolts to bold down my washer to my trailer.

I've experimented with my chems to get homes and decks clean the way I want them - played around with tons of tips to finally find the ones I like.

Heck I never ever even drove anything larger than a dodge neon before '05 - and nobody ever taught me how to back a trailer into a driveway.

3 answers to this question

Good positive post Dan!! I will tell anyone that if they want to open their mind up to creativity,..."start a business". Gets your mind moving better than anything I know of.

Jeff

Good positive post Dan!! I will tell anyone that if they want to open their mind up to creativity,..."start a business". Gets your mind moving better than anything I know of.

Jeff

So so true!!!!