Sign in to follow this  
the_GUNN_man

Hooking two machines together

I am in the process of building my own device to hook two pw's together. I know Delco sells one but I am going to make my own. From what I can tell you need two hoses that y into one. Before the y you need to put a check valve on each line then tee them into one line that goes to your surface cleaner. Does this sound right? I was thinking that you could get away without the check valves but if one machine turned off you could blow water into the other pump. The check valves are to keep water from flowing from one pw to the other, correct? I figure that I could build one for around $75. Just need two check valves, 2 short peieces of pw hose, and a couple couplers/plugs. Anyone with any info I would apprecaite it.

Steve,

I built a unit like you are talking about for around $35.00. I already had most of the parts that were needed.

This will only up the gpm not the psi!

If you are using pressure type unloaders you won't need check valves. Not sure about the flow type.

When you release the trigger both machines will go into bypass.

The two machines this is used on push the same gpm and psi.

Two six foot hoses quick couple to each machine and than to a s.s. block.

The working h.p. pressure hose quick couples into the center of the block.

Remember to change nozzles to correct gpm/psi

As always verify you have at least one additional gpm of water than BOTH pumps require if hooking up direct. At tank should have the largest size out feed possible. If you are not using an on site water source, you better calculate your run time. Don't want to run the pumps out of water.

Works great but not as effiecent as a larger high gpm machine. 2x the fuel and noise!

If you are presently using a burner it will likely not be large enough to handle a 100% increase in flow.

This rig can be very benefical at times though. The differance the extra gpm makes is amazing.

Beth may sell a similar unit in her store. You might want to check their store out first.

Same pressure. Different flowrates are okay.

I think it would be a 100% increase in flowrate if the machines are identical and the water sources are equivalent.

100 horses have twice the power as 50, but the whole lot can still run only as fast as one.