Sign in to follow this  
TNTPW

Wolman Products

Question

I am going to try out the Wolman products. I have the stripper and i have tested it on this deck i am doing. It will remove this stain from the deck. Now i also have the Wolman deck brightener. My question is when i use the deck stripper, when i apply the deck brightner will that neutralize the deck for me to put the stain on. Any helo will be great on this one. This one if for those who use Wolman products.

2 answers to this question

I don't use Wolman products, but I can answer your question. After stripping a deck with their deck stripper, you do need to brighten with either oxalic or citric acid. Wolmans brightener is an oxalic based product. Be sure to wear goggles, gloves and a respirator (not a dust mask) when applying any of the Wolman products.

Also, in the future you may consider contacting Beth on this board to help set you up with professional grade strippers and brighteners. They will work better, and will save you substantial money.

Good luck.

Wolman products are consumer grade cleaners. They will give you ok results. If you want to have great results you really need to get some contractor grade cleaners. In the end using the best cleaners, strippers and brightners will save you money in the long run. They are also easier to work with and give you the best results possible.

Wolman F&P sealer looks great when first applied and I really like the look of the cedar tone. I dont like how long the color last. I have only had luck with the color lasting about a year. The deck is still sealed from the weather it just looses it color.

Dont take this the wrong way, but if you plan on getting serious with doing deck restoration stop fooling around with the Home Depot and Lowes stuff. Contact Beth or anyone of us that do decks to set you on the right track.