Sign in to follow this  
plainpainter

O'bama and real change?

Question

So here we are still in Iraq and Afghanistan - and there is still bombing going on in Iraq. So can we can effect real change in the middle east with military involvement? I use to buy the argument that even though O'bama didn't start this war/engagement - that he can't just pullout, because that would be a disaster. But I don't know anymore - I am starting to think O'bama is just as much under the thumb of the military/industrial complex as Bush was.

I am starting to think no real change will ever be achieved with military occupation - and that we're going to be over there for 60 years like we are in Japan. We admitted to 'failure' in Vietnam and pulled out with our tails between our legs, but with ongoing policy afterwards - Vietnam is now a place that an American Tourist can go visit today.

I want to see Real change that O'bama promised. We should just get out of the middle east. The middle east is a lost cause that drains our budget - we have to seek real change, maybe the CIA can put in place an effective government in Afghanistan - but I have my doubts. We tried in Iran and look what that happened there. Those folks have to come to real change on their own.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet