Sign in to follow this  
successteamnva

X-Jet Repair

Greetings to all,

My name is Mike and I am new to this forum. I am starting my pressure wash business up again after a mild heart attack a few years ago. My X-Jet needs repair. How do I install the proportioners? I did a house recently and used a lot of chemicals. I used to use the black proportioner. Thanks for the help. I have searched the net for instructions to no avail.

Mike Staples

Aqua Wash Pressure Wash

Hampton, VA.

I was using the x-jet until a great tip came from this site thru a very helpful guy by the name of Bob Weir. He turned me onto PressureTek and they will hook you up with a 4 nozzle holder the name of which escapes me right now. But what it is are 4 of the male quick connects all welded together, then their are 4 different nozzles/tips installed in the holder and its all right in your fingertips. 2 tips are for soap application, high and low, the other 2 tips are for rinsing highh and low. Pressuretek will ask your machine size and set you up from their. I stick the nozzles right in the gun handle, no wands at all. Soap the houses high and low all at once, 2 stories no problem, and then rinsing the same way...all by just switching to the tip I need at my guns quickconnect. It was the best tool for house washing ever...I haven't touched my x-jet since I purchased this setup...cost @ $25-30 total. No more lugging those heavy chemicals either..all downsreaming for me now...really cut my wash time dramatically. Just try it-you'll love it.

Thanks Guys!

I really appreciate the advice. I have been reading about the downstreaming process and it sounds like I will give it a try. I have the link and phone number for PressureTek and will call tomorrow for what I need to get going. I use a lot of chemicals with the X-Jet without proportioners. I will let you know when I get hooked up!

Sorry it took so long. We are a few hours NE of Ft. Myers. The info you just posted is what you need. Don't forget the chem injector. Tell BOB what you are trying to do. He will hook you up. You will never go back. Usually they jump from 4 GPM to 5.5 GPM. I have never heard of a 4.5 GPM but that is not saying much.

When downstreaming, which is the way to go in my opinion when house washing, and with the setup Bob from pressure Tek will set you up with, I will give you a house wash solution which is basic and can get you started. Remember there are lots of opinions and thoughts on this, but this is what I use and although the soap is a little more expensive..it works great for me. I use Envirospecs Emulsifier Plus house wash soap, mix it up as directed to make a concentrate, and then in a 5 gallon pail/jug I put : 1 gal. of the house was soap, 2 gals. of 10% bleach/chlorine and then fill with 2 gals. water. Then drop the hose from your downstreamer nozzle into the pail and away you go. Great place to start and then you can tweak it from there, and this will usually get me through two houses depending on their size.

Again this is just one of thousands of house wash mixes but I feel its a good basic starting point. Others please feel free to correct or add if I'm missing something please.:D