Sign in to follow this  
SprayWave

Shell Gas Station Car Wash

Question

y husband went through the car wash at Shell Gas Station at 2000 block Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada in November. The dryer at the end started shooting some kind of flakes of crap at his car (it's only 2 years old and he babies it). He was ticked, he went inside and got the attendent, she came out and looked and asked him to go through again, which he did. It happened again! Now he's taking pictures and wants to know what they are going to do as this stuff looks like it's scratching his car. Well she makes him go to another Shell for a wash and it came out clean. He then went back and went over the car again with her. There are very small little chips and scratches taken out of the hood, roof and trunk.

Anyways, she tells him that she will place an incident report and there is nothing more that she can do. He has no choice but to accept this. A couple weeks go by and the car is assessed for damages of about 400$ to fix. The Shell insurance company is not returning his calls just as he figured would happen. Finally he reaches the guy, and they will not approve his claim even though he has pics. The service company for the gas station put a white van through with no damage. So even though she saw what had happened they won't cover it.

I was in there a week later and spoke with her, all she will now say is that she did not see it before it went in. Hello!! She made him go through a second time and it happened again!! Very dissapointed in a large corporation like that, we will never go back to Shell again. This is horrible that they will not own up to their responsibility.

As for that girl, she's lucky she was old, the way she was talking and avoiding the issue had me so agitated I almost put my fist where her nose was! And I am not a violent person. I am still getting mad about it!

He should just stick to washing his own car from now on!

Would we skirt responsibility like that???

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet