Sign in to follow this  
map_911

The best plumbing

For the past year I've used the customers water straight into my pressure washer pulling it around the house. I'm upgrading my equipment and getting a water tank with hose reels to do a faster job. I would like to know a good plumbing set up. I haven't bought the reels or the tank yet but was looking at the 3/8" steel eagle reels and stacking them.

What size of hose do you use coming out of reel going to the tank and do you use a certain bulkhead fitting, ball valve or fitting?

I would appreciate any help and if the reels I am about to purchase are good reels.

Thanks, Mark

For the past year I've used the customers water straight into my pressure washer pulling it around the house. I'm upgrading my equipment and getting a water tank with hose reels to do a faster job. I would like to know a good plumbing set up. I haven't bought the reels or the tank yet but was looking at the 3/8" steel eagle reels and stacking them.

What size of hose do you use coming out of reel going to the tank and do you use a certain bulkhead fitting, ball valve or fitting?

I would appreciate any help and if the reels I am about to purchase are good reels.

Thanks, Mark

We use a mix of reel brands but the common denomonator in them is at least a 1/2 inch manifold meaning. Out of trial and error I use the while pool hose 1' inside diameter and take a fitting that goes from 1/2 inch mpt to 3/4 fpt and place these on the swivel and reel outlet. Then from there Watts makes a 1' barb that has 3/4 threads and we thread them into there. Parker also sells a brass version of this if needed. From there we have a 1' bulkhead of two depending on the trailer setup at the top of the tank connected with the white pool hose. Works well and keeps up with 8gpm machines off of one hose on most supplies around here.

The rule of thumb especially if running 8gpm or more off of one trailer is to have as little restriction as possible from the tank to the faucet. Therefore running 3/4 manifold reels or 1' if you really want to spend the cash