Sign in to follow this  
Dissociative

Annoying new guy question thread. What do you think of this deal?? advice?

First off, Hello and thank you all for taking the time to read my thread. I appreciate all of your knowledge and advice.

I know you all get tired of the same old questions, so i will be poking around reading while this thread matures a little bit. Any nice tid-bits that you may remember topic wise that you post for recommended reading are ALWAYS appreciated, saves me a little time searching.

About me: I have been a contractor for 15 years, with a 2400 karcher direct drive homeowner unit. (costco deal) Did my fair share of patios and such and even had bought the 14" karcher surface cleaner last patio job. (just attaches to want like a tip) Kinda liking this power washing field, and want to expand my business into this. One of my associates has a nice unit he used back when he use to wash and he wants to sell it to me. He has since moved on to much bigger things and now the unit collects dust until he fires it up twice a year at his house. He mostly did building and brick washing.

I am looking for any advice on the unit, the cost, and just any real suggestions on reading you guys may have bookmarked or remember. I haven't really decided what exactly i will be washing but i suspect i will be taking anything that comes my way. I'm a total noob to the "professional" side of this but i do know what end to point at the work.. ;-)

The unit and package deal:

16HP vandura OHV 5GPM 3,000 PSI Excell heated washer.

Model 3005 GEVLSWA

Serial 39464** (not mine yet so i omit the last two)

Cat 550 pump, (said to have been rebuilt 4 years ago and barley used since.

1 pressure hose reel, one fill hose reel.

half a 55 drum of Trail Bright

Few other 5ers of misc. chemicals.

1 or 2 basic guns, no dual lance or fancy stuff.

No surface cleaner, ( this i need advice on as i want one)

My plans are to mount this to trailer with ballast tank of 300 gallons mabey?.. Don't have trailer yet. Like stated i am not sure what work i will get so set-up needs to be very universal.

Local reputable company has refurbished unit for sale exactly same for 2,000.00

I offered 1,000, but suspect i will end up going to 1500 for everything.

The company will check unit for 95.00 but boss says i'd be crazy to pay that as he swears up and down it works great and just washed last fall. Short of a dead battery and flat tires it's turn key. Was stored inside attached garage partially heated.

feel free to move this to a better spot if there is one.......and once again..THANKS EVERYONE for reading.

is this a 110v or a 12v burner?

GEORGE

Edited by Dissociative

Hey George, sorry just saw this. Just some thoughts, This seems like a good deal, I do feel it's under powered though. You can run a 20" surface cleaner with that rig. If it has a generator built on the skid it's 120v if not 12v. You should only need a 200-250 gal buffer tank.

Good luck!!!!!