Sign in to follow this  
EHC31

Pressure Washer question

Hello, I’m new to the group and live in the south good old Mississippi! I’m in the restaurant equipment business and want to expand into cleaning Kitchen Hoods. I’m having a problem choosing the correct pressure washer. I have plans to purchase an electric hot water pressure washer for uses in malls, hotels and for small jobs. I will purchase a larger fuel powered machine if necessary for the big jobs. Could someone please give me a brand and model number of the pressure washer that they use. Are just point me in the right direction? Thanks!!!

Simply put (from someone who has researched but never washed a hood to date) if you don't know how to properly clean a kitchen hood/exhaust system then you are not ready to pick out equipment. Some of the pros don't even use a pressure washer these days. You have to learn then decide which style you'll be using to clean. I have a large trailer mounted hot water machine and I wouldn't take it on the job to clean a hood. It's really a specialty in itself. There's a company in Oregon I saw on craigs list that will pay you 10 bucks an hour to clean hoods all night. No experience needed as you'll be working with an experienced crew to teach you. Just a thought.