Sign in to follow this  
svp07

Cedar Siding?

Question

Is cedar siding usually priced by the sq/ft like decks...and with the same price range as decks? I did a few searches and could not find anything.

8 answers to this question

I usually price cedar houses by the amount of cleaning needs to be done.Does it need stripping & P/washing?

Estimate how long it will take to stain the job and how much stain the job will take.

Will you have a lot of brush work ?

I would usually say most houses would run 3 to 4k to clean and stain depending on the size.I don't know how much painters charge to paint a house but i know it's not cheap.You have all the windows to cut in and cover up also concrete to cover or wet down.

I like staining houses but i much rather staining decks and fences regularly.Houses can be very hard and tedious if you have stone and other brick work.

So price according to the amount of work and time plus stain.

seymore,

When you say "most houses" I am not sure exactly what you mean. In this area $3,000.00 is probably the lowest you would go to cor a cedar sided house. I have gotten as much as $8,500.00 for a cedar sided house, in this area.

Everett

I was meaning most houses in my area are around that price.Yeah Steve is in Joisy like you so he would be in that higher price range like you are saying at 8K.WOW you are getting almost 10K for cedar houses.

Are those houses cedar only or are they mixture of cedar and stone and brick work ?

We see everything here. Many homes do have combonations of stucco and cedar, vinyl and cedar, brick and cedar, and so on. We have done two at $8500 that were all cedar. Right now we are working on a project of 290 decks and the buildings. It is a great time of year for this project as most folks are taking vacations and most of the work is done until after Labor Day. Bigger jobs are always more profitable. I would rather do large commercial jobs and houses over most residential decks anyday. I love the costs of living in Joisy!

Everett

Wow that's sounds like a great commercial job!!

Sounds like i could work one season in Joisy and live like a king here in Tx!!