Sign in to follow this  
allesnick

Metal Roof

Question

Customer has a three year old metal roof 2 stories high and wants it cleaned. What chemical would work best. Bleach is not an option.

Stains are dirt and pollen.

9 answers to this question

Why not bleach? I have used it with a 30/70 sh to water mix just sprayed on from gutter line then rinsed and it came out awesome. No scrubbing.

I just cleaned a red metal roof Monday, it came out great! It's seven years old, under large oak trees. I used emulsifier plus and used 800 psi/ 8 gpm than sprayed with plexmaster. Be careful if you walk the roof, when you spray soap on metal it,s a slide!!

Customer agreed to pay for lift, customer also insist no bleach, never used plexmaster before, who sells it? Thanks for the ideas, probably compelte job as soon as I can schedule lift rental. I have simple cherry and f-13, I don't have any emulsifier plus but I heard that it's good stuff. Thanks for the ideas.

Finished the metal roof job yesterday with lift. The customer was very clear on no chlorine and they paid for the lift. They believed that the chlorine would take off the glossy coating that makes it shine. After many hours we completed the job and it looked good. I believe unless I'm hard up for work, I will pass on these in the future.