Sign in to follow this  
allesnick

no room to work

Question

I have a 40 ft+ high beach house ocean front with 6 ft of room down the one side, property is separated by very tall tree line. Because of where house is situated a lift is not an option, working from neighbors is not an option. Large Hardi -plank house also with gutters at the top level. Any suggestions on cleaning this. I came highly recommended to this client form a client that had a similar house but with plenty of room to work on all sides.

5 answers to this question

Here's a few thoughts...Do you downstream? If you do, then a large-bore shooter tip should get you to the peak with little drift. It may be necessary to include a partial house wash for the neighbor and you may need a step ladder, even with the shooter tip. I can't help with the gutters, I use a 24' extension, but possibly from a step ladder?

I do downstream and I have shooter tips and extension polls, but I don't have any angle to work with. It's pretty much a straight shot up, I get a stiff neck just thinking about it. I'm leaning toward getting 20 ft high scaffolding and using a extension poll and have a ground guy pull the soap and rinse with soap tip. I know the gutters won't come clean rinsing with a soap tip, so I may use a lighter shorter extension with a shooter tip to rinse the gutters. I'm open to other suggestions. this is a high dollar home and I want to do a great job.

Finished job yesterday, used scaffolding on the one side, everything turned out great, customer was very happy and thankful. On the down side, I felt scafffolding was a pain. First time I ever used it and I had to rent it,(customer paid), it was time consuming and heavy to put up, pick up and return. The main thing was it was the only way I felt comfortable the job would turn out good (that I know), and it did it's job. Thanks for the other ideas, I'll keep them in mind on future jobs.