Sign in to follow this  
AngeloPressureWash

Brick Work - Pic

Question

Hello been lurking for a while...first post.

Looking at a large brick work project and was going to get some outside opinions. I have done a lot of residential brick jobs but none this big. A lot of it looks like the photo I posted below. What % would you charge extra for this heavy cleaning job? Would you attack this with your regular brick/mortar cleaner?

My thinking is prob a 30% increase in price over my regular brick jobs (normally not this bad in our area) and maybe a little more chemical.

I know some of you guys work where brick gets this bad just not the norm for us here.

Thanks,

JR

9ef70614.jpg

2 answers to this question

Hello been lurking for a while...first post.

Looking at a large brick work project and was going to get some outside opinions. I have done a lot of residential brick jobs but none this big. A lot of it looks like the photo I posted below. What % would you charge extra for this heavy cleaning job? Would you attack this with your regular brick/mortar cleaner?

My thinking is prob a 30% increase in price over my regular brick jobs (normally not this bad in our area) and maybe a little more chemical.

I know some of you guys work where brick gets this bad just not the norm for us here.

Thanks,

JR

Go strong sodium metasilicate type base with high surfactant, low-low mid sodium hypochlorite and other goodies in range with that recipe. DO NOT use a mortar cleaner.

I'd charge extra for the mix but the mix itself will save a lot of power washing time but it's kind of a wash.( I did a very large (long) privacy brick

fence in Raleigh this way.)

After spraying I went back over with a 21 inch surface cleaner. On the other side I had to use a wand and it took a bit longer, but it also had a good amount of vegetation.