Sign in to follow this  
Robert Hinderliter

Robert Hinderliter's Surgery for Cochlear Implant for Single Sided Deafness (SSD)

Question

o view the surgery go to

YouTube - robertmhinderliter's Channel

The Cochlear BAHA BP100 Hearing Aid for Single Sided Deafness is a fully programmable sound processor (hearing aid) for people with conductive loss, mixed loss or single-sided deafness.

It is mounted behind the ear on the deaf side on a titanium post (similar to tooth implant) to transmit sound through the scull bone structure to the inner ear on the hearing side. It transmits sound through bone conduction similar to a dentist drill.

Dr. Robert (Bob) Owens of Owens Ear Center (800-693-6732) , Dallas, Texas performed the surgery on Robert Hinderliter in just under 15 minutes. Normal time for this surgery is up to 1.5 hours; however, Dr. Robert Owens has performed over 300 of these surgeries. Only one other surgeon has performed about this number of surgeries in the U.S.

The technique that Dr. Owens used does not result in any hair loss around the implant; which may be important to women.

I Robert Hinderliter (Patient), am a sales person for PowerWash.com in Fort Worth, Texas. I suffered sudden single-deafness that occurred for no known cause at the age of 68 1\2 on Memorial Day, 2009; just like turning off a light switch! I lost my hearing and balance for no known reason.

For additional information on Cochlear hearing processors go to:

Owens Ear Center Welcome to Owens Ear Center of Texas

Cochlear Products www.cochlear.com

Bone-Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA) For Single Sided Deafness

What is a BAHA? Baha Implant

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet