Sign in to follow this  
Rob T

Staining in North Raleigh, NC

Question

I've been referring out my larger jobs to Charlie Soden (Apex DeckSavers), but we still have a lot of smaller decks that we clean and need to be stained. We strip and neutralize, but we don't stain. Does anyone know of a quality deck staining company in North Raleigh?

5 answers to this question

Might want to check with Celeste & Roger @ Carolina Pro Wash, they're in Graham N.C. Tell Charlie I said Hey!

Celeste, what about 12'x14' contractor decks? Would that be worth your while? What would be your minimum job size-wise? Would you restain decks with the homeowner's choice of stain? What about decks that are cleaned, but not stripped?

We used to do some staining but it just became too much of a hassle. We mostly do window cleaning and house washing (2-3 houses a day) so returning to stain decks became a scheduling nightmare.

Edited by Rob T

Rob, for decks that size, of course having more than one in a day would be preferable. We have a number of customers over that direction so if they are just here and there, we could probably combine. And considering how far out we are, maybe we could put together a promo to schedule multiples.

As far as what stain, we can generally swing homeowners to our way of thinking - it's all about educating them. Unless we know who washed and what the process is, we usually decline stain only simply because the last contractor to touch it gets blamed when it goes bad and we all know that proper prep is key to the job.

We're getting ready to get nailed with some huge-mongous medical bills so I doubt we're going to turn away much of anything!

Celeste

Edited by CarolinaProWash

Thanks Celeste. I really try to steer my customers to go with someone who can do the whole process from start to finish. I know I wouldn't want to stain a deck that someone else has cleaned!