Sign in to follow this  
Christopher

need help with downstream injector questions

Question

Hello Everyone,

I have a 3000psi, 5.6gpm hot water machine that has an upstream injector for chemicals. I do not want to put anything into my pump so I was wondering if I could re-plumb that injector to use downstream. It has hose barbs on both ends so I might have to buy a downstream injector. Another question is where do I install it? Between my heater coil and my hose reel? I do not know and people told me not to run soap or other chemicals through my heater coil because it affects the chemicals. Please tell me what kind of injector (adjustable, non-adjustable, steel ball, ceramic ball) you think would work well. I will be downstreaming soap, degreaser, and just about any chemical through the hose depending on the job. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Chris Chappell

Superior Power Washing

Corpus Christi, Texas 78415

361-853-2513

chris969@swbell.net

1 answer to this question

Hey Chris,

A downstream injector hooks into your high pressure line after it leaves the pump. It can be hooked up anywhere past that point. As for types of injectors, I'd use an adjustable one with a stainless steel ball or something else that won't corrode. You could also just by an xjet and attach it to your gun. I like x jets because if I use a downstreamer I have 250' of hose filled with chemical that I'm going to waste unless I cut off the chemical early. Xjets don't work that way and they shoot further with a stronger concentration.