Sign in to follow this  
jaysonrover

Advertising and rig set up plans.....sound good?

Hi,

So I have read info from this site for many,many,many hours. In fact I haven't even begun to read the individual sections on how to do wood or roofing etc,lol Evaluated my competition of which I learned a casual uniform,professionalism(over the phone and in person) and insurance and WCB will right off differentiate myself from them. Once has a rig set up,the others power washers from the back of their pickups. So here is what I plan on starting with come March....let me know if there is anything you feel I could add...

Clothing...nice jeans,blundstones and a marks warehouse long sleeve with a logo on the shirt for inital meetings. Nice black North Face jacket with logo on it as well. Orange rain gear with logo on my jack too.An aluminum clipboard with estimate sheets,etc and a roll measure to measure properties dimensions on inital home consulatations.

For advertising...advertise on local paper obviously and get a bunch of 3'x 2' signs for placing on properties that I have worked on. I have scoped out a bunch of high visibility homes at very good high traffic areas where I will offer to do their roofs for free and in return I can keep a sign out front for one month.

*A website as well ofcourse and google "ad words" to help keep the site being checked out.

*My rig and truck will have signage.

*I will be doing a postcard mail out with Canada Post to areas that I can done drive throughs through areas that are mid dle to high income areas and look to be in need to either roof cleaning/home washings or dock/deck washings.

*I will be hitting restaurants,hotels,malls,banks,the local district marinas,homes listed for sale,etc for potential work.

will have a stand at the local home show next summer

*Also I will park at either of the two grocery stores right in front at dinner time on Fridays or such to again have that h igh vis' exposure.

*I will have a toyota tacoma crew cab with business info on the truck and a 6 x 12 trailer with cox reels,325 gallon tank (size is large but mainly for visual affects) and a belt drive 4gpm gx 390...

And I would say that is about it for now,lol

I used to have a very successful landscape business a few years back and still have all my equipment. I plan to also advertise for landscape work as there is a serious shortage of landscapers up here (get more truck and trailer signage,lol) just to get full usage of the truck and trailer until the pw'ing really picks up.

So any other ideas? This I will financing on my own as I have been saving for almost 2 years. The start up cost should be about $4000 pricing the equipment out.Advertising will be about $1600 ...that is signage,business cards,brochures made and sent out and 3 x 2 signs.

Open to any and all suggestions...thanks in advance...the name of the business is GUMBOOT Power Washing :)