Sign in to follow this  
John T

Dealings before and after PWNA Convention

We had such a magical fun time at the PWNA Convention for the two days Kathy and I were there. A couple of days before we got stuck with a family unexpected terrible news... But with a chance of hope. Sunday morning my wife gets the worst phone call we ever had to deal with. She had to do a phone DNR (Do not resuscitate) since she is first choice by proxy.

Thank God we were able to switch our flights. Southwest came thru huge. My wifes family was there and the question was could we get back in time. For the people who sent us there prayers my wife can't thank you enough(I still have religious issues but there starting to melt away) For those who offered to come out as far as 3- 4 states away to meet us and help us out.. That is completely humbling. Charlie Arnold who is not only a PWNA board of Director and is also a powerwasher just happens to be a minister not only mentioned Kathy's family members name along with some other names in front of the crowd contacted us at the airport in Baltimore when we were switching flights to offer his assistance by coming out to our home.

I find it amazing as I move on in years how people really want to help each other out. I am not one to ask for nothing.. But I'm learning that some things in life I just can't do it alone..

To Charlie,Beth,Allison,Rob and many others from me to you I want to thank you for doing this for my wife. Its things like this that drive me to do what I can for others within this industry.

That story that Allison has written about the Babe Ruth plaques by his Granddaughter Linda is not over. Linda has embraced this Industry. She has also embraced the PWNA along with the ***** and TGS and many people over at ***.

There are good things going on outside of the net within this industry by quite a few.I'm still chipping away on what I can but my family of course takes precedence.

Once again thanks for the good Karma.