Sign in to follow this  
John T

PWNA recap by a member

This is the first PWNA convention I went to in years. At least 5 years if not longer. We were told that this years convention was there best in the last few years. If I had to guess there were between 125-150 people there if not more. They signed up a bunch of new members and when this show was over the Treasurer gave the financial report and they came out in the black big time. Very impressive.

The opening of the Convention with the Master of Ceremonies in command Joe Walters was special. One of the members came up and told a Babe Ruth story. That was special to Linda. Joe told some humorous stories ran it thru with such ease. He is the MC that's all heart. Eric Clark open up the presidents speech with exciting news of what lays ahead.

The trade show and the demos were very good as was the classrooms. My wife and I attended Dan Galvins marketing class which was packed. Some people had to stand since there was no more chair space. Probably at least 30 people in that tight room. His class was excellent.

The PWNA is finally on tract doing it right. There doing certifications classwork by the only national Powerwashing organization in the country and there cost is pretty inexpensive and there backed by the national org. That's a huge marketing plus. My boohoo was I missed the environmental certification class due to excessive barwork the night before:)

The cocktail 3 hr function sponsored by facillitec USA and Scotts Pressure Wash was alot of fun to be at. Eric Clark did a fine job running that and Christie Kaye from Facillitec won one of the major awards which I believe was the Joe Walters Award or the Robert Hinderliter award. Its slipping my memory who won the other award. After that I came on and said a few things then I introduce Linda and Andy. She told a little about Babe Ruth and what her mothers dying wish was. After that I told the crowd why I did what I did.... And being terrified of public speaking on this one nothing was going to stop me so I went in with no outline or any notes because it all came from my heart which makes it easy.

The show closed with some big prizes including I think a $3500 50/50. This one was great because what happened. Everyone was allowed to by 50/50 tickets because there always money makers.. So who wins.... The PWNA president Eric Clark.. He was shocked. I think this caught him off guard.. You can see it by his reaction. Boy I'm glad I wasn't in Erics shoes.. He gave his winnings...every dollar of it back to the org. He did the honorable thing there. The big prize was the Hydrotek Skid.... Man I really wanted that one. It was listed at over $9000. The guy who won it was the next table next to mine...darn.. But good for him.

I did win something though and to me it was priceless. The PWNA gave me an award and I'll leave it up to them on that one because I was totally caught off guard but honored they would do that.

I also was asked to get back in as a BOD again or maybe join there convention committee for the next year show. The BOD slot... I'm not sure because I am retired from that for the time being but the Convention committee slot that is a possibility because I've done 2 of them already so maybe the 3rd one is the charm... Will see.

All in all it was a good Convention. This time around I like the PWNA's business type atmosphere. My goal of course is to have a nationwide org. To market with my advertisements. The PWNA looks bright.. So I may jump back in with them because there business model is now fine tuned.

This was our first year with the PWNA. Our company benefited tremendously from the conference. John, I echo the positive remarks. As a new member I was impressed, especially in light of the pounding the PWNA has taken on some threads. In taking 5 of the certifications I think the overall value was good. With a few tweaks I think some of the less developed certifications could be even more strong. I intend on being a continuing member and I was pleased it was such a positive time for the organization as well. I met some really fantastic people and found Mr. Hinderliter's stories, knowledge, and passion as a highlight of the show. Eric Clark did a great job. He showed quality of character with the rather shocking and funny winning of the 50/50.

PWNA BOD - well done!

This was our first year with the PWNA. Our company benefited tremendously from the conference. John, I echo the positive remarks. As a new member I was impressed, especially in light of the pounding the PWNA has taken on some threads. In taking 5 of the certifications I think the overall value was good. With a few tweaks I think some of the less developed certifications could be even more strong. I intend on being a continuing member and I was pleased it was such a positive time for the organization as well. I met some really fantastic people and found Mr. Hinderliter's stories, knowledge, and passion as a highlight of the show. Eric Clark did a great job. He showed quality of character with the rather shocking and funny winning of the 50/50.

PWNA BOD - well done!

Yes exactly what I thought. I know many stories about Robert Hinderliter and he's an amazing source of information in this industry. If there was ever a true giant of an Icon in this industry from all the people I ever spoke to, text to, emailed to, hung out with etc.. Robert by far would be that person and he has all the history and one heck of a bio that Many know to back everything up that he says..

I hope to see Robert again in the future at an even more successful PWNA convention in 2012. The tides are turning where orgs. In many industries will start to take hold because it's getting tougher and tougher out there to stay ahead of the more and more lawballers who spring up now because they lost there jobs in other fields. Every bit will count as well as your PWNA membership.

Maybe I'll get to meet you at the next PWNA convention in Tampa or one of the up and coming roundtable events.

Best of luck.

PWNA BOD - well done!

I attended my first PWNA convention in Ohio several years ago, I sat and had breakfast with a gentleman and his wife with a few other contractors. I knew no one at the time, they knew I was a new contractor, and they made me feel welcome. The gentlemen I referenced gave me a lot of tips that really helped grow my business, his name was Daryl Mirza.

I think that attending this event and the other round tables that followed were the items that were influential in our business success. The second event I attended was Beth Borregos round table in Maryland, it was excellent. I laugh now as I remember seeing an enclosed trailer set up there, setting the goal that I would have one of those setups someday. Who would have thought?

The fact is this; these conventions, conferences, round tables all provide valuable information. More importantly, they motivate us and fire us up for the season. It is a great feeling to be in the same room with 5, 15, 50 or even 150 people who share the same passion and aspirations.

I attended my first PWNA convention in Ohio several years ago, I sat and had breakfast with a gentleman and his wife with a few other contractors. I knew no one at the time, they knew I was a new contractor, and they made me feel welcome. The gentlemen I referenced gave me a lot of tips that really helped grow my business, his name was Daryl Mirza.

I think that attending this event and the other round tables that followed were the items that were influential in our business success. The second event I attended was Beth Borregos round table in Maryland, it was excellent. I laugh now as I remember seeing an enclosed trailer set up there, setting the goal that I would have one of those setups someday. Who would have thought?

The fact is this; these conventions, conferences, round tables all provide valuable information. More importantly, they motivate us and fire us up for the season. It is a great feeling to be in the same room with 5, 15, 50 or even 150 people who share the same passion and aspirations.

BINGO...I couldn't have said it any better. The networking at a PWNA convention or at a roundtable at some far desilite place is priceless. The Internet is for a quick connection..but the deals and friends you make and the network that can be done there you can make yourself some good money and some lifelong friends... Face to face in real time and not in android time will forever rule.

Very well said Matt.