Sign in to follow this  
desi

pick up truck

I am thinking of getting a ford f-150 6 cylinder. I have to haul a two axle trailer with 125 gallon water tank and pressure washer, hot box & surface cleaner + hoses, etc.

your thoughts please

I have an f150 6 cylinder. I pull a double axle trailer with 325 of H20, 30 gal House wash, 2 machines, Hot box and Generator plus accessories. It pulls fine. I have an adjustable electic brake unit that is excellent, I dont even realize the trailer is there when I am stopping.

See a Picture here

http://pwscleaning.com/our_equipment.htm

The gvwr has to be adequate. In other words, don't exceed the manufacturers weight ratings. Off hand, I would say the six cylinder may be ok for very light duty usage, but not regular daily usage for your towing requirements.

Just because a truck will pull a given weight does not mean a thing. What matters is if the truck can sustain that work load over a period of time. Your transmission will likely be the first component to fail if you exceed the weight limits.

I agree.... the trailer as a GVW rating of 7000 lbs. With the water load, trailer and equip my gvw on the trailer is at 4850 and my tongue weight is at about 350 lbs. I asked ford the exact question A-Plus is referring to. The two main things they said was that the weight would be fine, But do not use the Overdrive function on the truck transmission when pulling.

My daughters car (a Saturn) will pull my rig....16' 2axle...skid unit...325 tank hose reels and all the junk..etc. etc.....pulling is not the question ...STOPPING Is....with a light duty truck you are flirting with disaster...even with electric brakes on trailer...Just be careful