Sign in to follow this  
wisco27

Can i install a pressure regulator on a washer without one?

Obviously I'm a newb, and I'm pretty much a DIYer. Anyways, I have a small electric hot water unit that does not have any pressure adjustment (besides nozzles) at the machine. I would really like one. Is it possible to add a regulator (in line), and if so can you give me some advice on how to go about it?

Thanks in advance guys!

Try using tips/nozzels rated for a machine with a higher gpm rating and or be further from the surface you are cleaning. A regulator or unloader should not be played with to much. It is used to fine tune what the pressure should be at the engine or motors working rpms and unload built up pressure.

Every time the adjusting knob jumps up and down it kinda knocks a set groove inside the unloader. If you are allways messing with it there is a chance you will chew up its insides and be buying a new one all the time.

Also "and don't quote me on this" since you have an electric unit, once your hand is off the trigger it should shut down so there is really no need for it to unload any building pressure from when your not squeezing the wand.