Sign in to follow this  
jeffex11

Season #20 begins early ! Still love this work

Question

We started last week here in Maryland ! We did a deck with a solid stain for a client we washed their house at the end of last year. This is my 20th season in this business and I still love this work. My son came on board 3 years ago when he got laid off from his auto -tech job. I had both hips replaced last year and my son took over the the work but I'm fixed up almost as good as new....Who says you can't put humpty dumpty back together again. I have been relegated to bidding and sales with an occasional supervisory role .....I did the deck this week with my son and this work is still rewarding and fun to see the looks on the customers face......!!! It must be a sickness!!!!

It is amazing how the business has changed....and at the same time stayed the same.....MANY new players out here with the economy driving prices for this service. Many calls from people selling their house to get the hell out of Maryland .

The most notable change I have seen is the turn to a service of quick washing a deck and then staining over old stain. A yearly service model to meet a price point demand I guess.

The most notable ...same ...is that there is nothing new under the sun for this business.....good work = good pay = good referrals ...and there will always be someone doing this business on the cheap....

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THIS SEASON!!! $$$$$

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet