Sign in to follow this  
marco

my first deck

Question

hello! I got a phone call today from a waman who wants her two decks cleaned. I'm really looking forward to go and look at it to give her a price.She says the decks are 2 years old.She is looking to just have them cleaned for now.I know not to use to much pressure,but I am worried I will not get the deck clean enough.Do any of you pros have a suggestion of some type of chemical I can use to get good results?I was thinking of just pump spraying 10% sh then rinsing will that work?If not what will?I would really appreciate any help.Also what do the woodies get per sq ft. for a deck? I know it varys from region to region but I just need an idea. thank you in advance your help is appreciated. Marco from rhode island

3 answers to this question

FAQ’s on Wood Restoration

If by SH you mean bleach than absolutely do not spray 10% on there.

If you mean stripper than you also need to neutralize the wood after cleaning.

yes Imeant bleach but I guess that is not a good idea .I just want to restore the wood a bit,I'm pretty sure there is no sealent so I just want to clean it

Depending on what the wood looks like you can still use bleach but start with 1% and go from there. I prefer to use different chemicals but bleach can still work fine if you are careful. Just watch to make sure its not too strong and you don't leave it sit on the wood too long