Sign in to follow this  
kendra13

How to NOT get water behind siding???? Still getting weap hole residue

Question

Hi there!! Great forum...didnt see an intro area.

Anyway, we do softwashing using downstream method with Bobs 4 pack nozzels and wash mix. I have done several houses and Im still getting water behind the siding which leaves weap hole marks and is a pain in the butt to get off. So, I try to stand back, I go with the seams of the vinyl, when I have a tall house I try to arch it but.....STILL the weap hole marks. Im just not understanding what Im doing wrong here. So if you have any tips that Im not already doing please let me know. So frustrating having to go back and touch up...just seems unprofessional to me. Is everyone getting weap hole marks?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

I just rinse more, to flush a little dirt out. Then when it stops dripping i go back and pass a quick spray "not enough" to get into the nail hole and usually it is gone. Never had too much problem, even on white vinyl. And in Louisiana we have LOTs of mud dobblers and bugs of that sort.. if thats what they call them.

Try a very easy final rinse top down with a water hose. Just let the water cascade down on it's own. Do this AFTER you've cleaned and rinsed as normal. Just one final pass letting it run down on it's own. Don't spray at it, let the water hit up high and run down.

Exactly as Adam said.....you can also once it is try take a very soft bristle brush, like a truck wash brush, on a long extension pole and "sweep" the debris off. This normally, in my experience, only happens on homes that have not been cleaned in a while OR are under a lot of trees. Excellent selling point to have the customer clean once a year.