Sign in to follow this  
John T

PWNA Representation at My Bro-inlaws Fundrasier

I'm very close to a lot of my family members including my brother-inlaw Mick DuRussel who's married to my sister JoAnn and who's daughter SherriAnn is my God Daughter.. Mick is very special when it comes to his passions. He can be seen here where he interviewed celebs such as Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull An Interview with Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson | Spot on Long Island Mick does his passions for nothing and him and I clicked because we believe in giving back where ever we can. Like me for many years, Mick still works two jobs, Printer during the day and runs a small office cleaning business at night and weekends. I lasted 17 yrs doing two jobs and thats nothing compared to Mick. He's over over 30 yrs doing both.

Mick was my go to guy to track the Ruth family down and he instantly got me both families phone numbers and he also recommended which one to call... which was the blood related side which was Linda.

This Video on here shows the begining of this day long event back in April. ALS Video on Vimeo For a $20/fee you got some rocking music and also a hot dinner included for 8 hrs of pure relaxed fun. Darn can Billy Joel's sax Richie Cannata can jam. All Booze you paid for at the bar. Mick raised over $6000 after cost and as the night progress that bar had easy over 300 people in there.

The PWNA also was kind enough to send a donation which Kath and I matched. The PWNA T-shirts my family put together for the organization. None of those shirts were authorized as any kind of official shirts from the PWNA but it was just a give back to the PWNA for letting Linda and Myself last year explain to the ones at the PWNA Convention how we connected the dots for this Industry.

This was all special to me that I hope others enjoyed it as well.. More importantly so much good came back to Linda, My Brother in-law with his fundraiser and me having a front row seat to potential history in the making.

I'll attached the flyer and also enjoy the pics of the Industry related shots.

John Tornabene

Edited by John T

OK now for the PWNA shots. I also am missing the best shot with Linda wearing the shirt by herself.. She's going to resend it to me...