Sign in to follow this  
Chazz

Soy Gel experience

Question

I am thinking of using Soy Gel to strip sealant off pavers for a customer. I like the fact that it is non toxic

Considering he has an open pool and nice landscaping. I am aware that it is pricey andi would like to know

If anyone has used it and if they could give me some guidance and pointers from there experience

Thank You

Charles

4 answers to this question

Hey Charles, You have probably long since moved past this project, but I thought I would at least comment anyway.

I have used SG several times in the past, and we even sold it for a while. It works really well, but is very pricey and somewhat slow. Most of our customers have switched to the "Nock-Off" stripper from Surf-Koat. It's still not cheap, but at contractor price it beats SG and works well.

Let me tell you that Soy Gell was a bust for me. The stuff took forever and didnt strip well. When i went over it with the surface cleaner and heat it just spread to other areas. It was a horrible cleanup. I dont see myself taking another sealant strip in the future

Soy Gel works well on some sealers but as mentioned it is costly. We always have samples of Soy Gel, Smartstrip and S100. We just stripped a log large log home with acrylic stain and before bidding the job we took all three and another to see which worked best for that particular strip. I would always recommend testing.