Sign in to follow this  
ShowMeShine

Generating Business

Question

Hi all,

I was just curious as to how everybody established a strong clientele. Quick story about my company, I work for a non for profit and we started our own power washing company about 2 months ago. We've done a few houses with fantastic results and a deck wash/stain but we just need to generate awareness and business and start to be more consistent.

So far, we're doing fliers and trying to market it to people we know but it's been a slow process. I am very understanding that things are not built overnight but just wanted to get some wisdom from those who have built strong businesses.

Thank you for any and all help!

-Jacob

1 answer to this question

signs and business cards sell alot for us! every time you do a job ask the home owners if you can leave a sign in the yard for 2 weeks or so , i almost always get business from signs in neghborhoods. neighbors get jelous and clean there house to lol.

signs-

if you need some cheap signs go on ebay and buy them for much cheaper than everyone else locally usually!

I just got 50 signs 2 sided 1 color 18x24 for 140.00 without stakes, i have stakes, but

you can get 100 signs with stakes for 282.00 or 50 signs with stakes for 174.00 shipped

locally there around 5-9.00 each for 50or100, so save some money on ebay!

just go red graphics on the white board! simple and sticks out great!

call around for business cards locally, they will go from 100.00 for 1000 to 40.00 for 1000 from the right guy

i always put some cards at my church, gas stations i go to often and bulletion boards i see around town, when you get 1000 cards you have a few to throw around lol

And then theres the phone book, expensive to get a nice business card size ad in but its worth it in the long run!

cost around 2000.00 here for a card size ad but you can make payments and it will make you money in the end!

Dont give up on the work it will come when you get your name out there the calls will come!