Sign in to follow this  
desi

opinions

If you were doing residential and some commerical work, what would be your thoughts of this set-up. Please give your ideas , suggestions and opinions. thanks

F-150 8 CYL

2 AXLE TRAILER 5X10'

PLASTIC WATER TANK 125 LBS

GENERATOR

SUMP PUMP

SURFACE CLEANER APPROX 20"

HOT BOX

PRESSURE WASHER COLD UNIT 4 GPM 3500 PSI

VARIOUS REELS AND HOSES

mY IDEA OF RECOVERY ( SUMP PUMP AND GENERATOR ) IS KEEPING WATER AND DIVERTING IT ONTO CUSTOMERS PROPERTY.

For starters I doubt your truck can handle all the weight you're planning on towing once you add it all up.

Check the GVW of both the truck and trailer.

What kind of brakes does the trailer have, electric or surge, hopefully electric.

Now even if your truck could handle the weight go for a larger trailer since you will outgrow that little one in a year, two at most.

Remember you will buy more equipment so plan ahead and have that extra room to expand.

If you plan on collecting water to redistribute, you will need some method of directing it, like sand or water filled firehoses (many other solutions listed in other threads).

Throw an Xjet in there somewhere...believe me it is worth it.

A bigger trailer is definitely a good suggestion. I'm working with a 4'x8' right now and things are packed in like eggs in a crate. I have to put my ladder and surface cleaner in the truck bed.

i have a 8x18 trailer and have out grown it but i do diff. type's of work from fleet to vent ahood oh yea the truck bed is full of junk that get's me out of a jam at 3.00 am