Sign in to follow this  
wdcrvr

AC Blend on PT Deck - 2nd Coat

Question

Posted my brushed-application of 50-50 mix of Armstrong Clark Cedar semi and Rustic Brown semi a week and a half ago ... http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/wood-cleaning-restoration-decks-fences-etc/24164-ac-blend-pt-deck-finished.html. In that post, I commented that I'd be recoating again next summer and then hoped to go two years before the next cleaning and recoating.

Jake Clark posted a comment that I could avoid a recoat summer 2013 if I'd put a second coat on now. Thought about it then decided to invest time and $ and put the second coat on now and hopefully get two years before next light cleaning and recoat. Here are photos of 1st coat (left) and 2nd coat (right). No surprise, the blended stain color appears deeper and richer after the second coat. Appreciate the suggestion from Mr. Clark ,,, looks even better now, plus anticipate two years before next recoat. I also recoated 4 adirondak chairs and a wooden yard swing with A-frame support. First coat on deck, chairs, and swing took about 3-3/4 gallons; second coat took about 2-1/4 gallons of the blended mix of semi-transparent stains. First coat was applied 8 August; second coat on 18 August. Had two hard rains between 1st coat and 2nd coat.

So, now the great experiment begins on how the two coats do in my application after 1 and 2 years, respectively.

Tom

post-9376-137772436647_thumb.jpg

post-9376-137772436609_thumb.jpg

post-9376-137772436642_thumb.jpg

post-9376-137772436645_thumb.jpg

Edited by wdcrvr

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet