Sign in to follow this  
John T

Allison Hester I won in blackjack again:)

Question

Hey Allison-- my family was at my daughters dance nationals all week in Atlantic City. I was only able to go down yesterday(Thursday) that's the day my daughter had most of her dances(6 of 13).

I snuck down to the $10 blackjack table and applied Rob Carey's tactics(man was he our good luck charm) and I was doing OK. My last hand I got two deuces. I doubled down and pulled another deuce so I tripled down. This was my last hand(only had a half hour to gamble). I won on all 3 and left. A quick $250 won and gone..

I gave both my girls a $100 each and then split.

Next time you me and Rob hook up again we have to do another couple of nights of blackjack. Robs a genius on giving tips that stuck in my head.. Fun times ahead again:)

3 answers to this question

Funny part was that you and I won, but Rob lost quite a bit! I think I head to Vegas in September for CETA. Won't be the same without you guys though...unless ya'll wanna come too! That'd be fun! Hey, I was going to email you about this, but might as well ask you here. Did you know the Long Island police guy/comedian that was on America's Got Talent the other night?

Funny part was that you and I won, but Rob lost quite a bit! I think I head to Vegas in September for CETA. Won't be the same without you guys though...unless ya'll wanna come too! That'd be fun! Hey, I was going to email you about this, but might as well ask you here. Did you know the Long Island police guy/comedian that was on America's Got Talent the other night?

I couldn't say. I only watch that show once and thought it was pretty cool but haven't seen it since. My childhood friend is a long Island cop who does stand up comedy for the dep't retirement parties etc and before we were cops he use to go up on stage at comedy nights. I just saw him at another mutual childhood friends fathers(our old hockey coach) funeral. He had us all laughing which was good with some oldtime stories..

His name wasn't Jim Molinelli by any chance?

No. I just looked it up. His name is Al Harris, former corrections officer in Long Island. He got X'd (i.e., gonged if it was the old Gong Show). I just thought of you when I saw him because I thought you might know him. http://thecomicscomic.com/2013/07/10/al-harris-prop-comic-auditions-on-americas-got-talent-2013/