Sign in to follow this  
Bart

Hey Reed

Question

I was just wondering how your road king is going, its been awhile since we had a chat,

if you have any pics of your runs I would love to see them.

10 answers to this question

I was just wondering how your road king is going, its been awhile since we had a chat,

if you have any pics of your runs I would love to see them.

The King is running great. You know you never have enough chrome. I changed out the bars to the RK High Bar, made a big difference in the long runs. I was thinking about changing the seat, but the price is a little too high right now. I am getting a color matched trailer for the bike. Will hold up to 9 cu ft of storage. Have been saving for it for some time. We are going to need it this June when we take our trip to the Smokey Mountains and Ride the Tail of the Dragon, ( www.tailofthedragon.com ). Looks to be quite a ride. We have 53 bikes going, www.livetoride.com .

We did a March of Dimes Bikers For Babies in October that netted the second Highest donation to the M O D, 250,000.00, second only to Los Angeles. We had about 100,000 bikes and riders. here are a few pics.

Reed

post-17-137772140039_thumb.jpg

post-17-137772140041_thumb.jpg

post-17-137772140045_thumb.jpg

100,000 bikes WOW! its good to see how much money you all raised for the cause ,

ive just been going on weekend rides with a few mates, its good to sit around a camp fire with close freinds and have a few drinks.

post-615-13777214005_thumb.jpg

post-615-137772140057_thumb.jpg

post-615-13777214006_thumb.jpg

Reed what brand trailer you buying, a Motorvation or Bushtec? I had a Hitco trailer before CycleMate bought them out.For those of you that don't ride and want a look at many different types of trailers made for motorcycles here is a nice web site that links you to many brands. Some are better then others and some look like crap.

Bushtec and Motorvation are probably the top two but like anything else it is a personal thing plus how much you can and will spend. Good ones are not cheap.

http://www.aerobourne.com/motorcycletrailerindex9.htm

Reed that looks pretty much like the one I had without the rear bumper.

Has a 360° swivel hitch, spare tire and luggage rack like the one your thinking of.

Our lid opened from back to front rather then front to back.

One word of advice I learned the hard way, to much weight on tongue trailer sways something bad, to much in back and bike sways so pack heavy stuff over axle.

And do get a spare tire.

Post a picture of bike and trailer once you get it.

Anybody here have a rocket? I bought a 600 honda cbr this summer, not much of a cruiser but it will get after it. It's a little faster than my Kawasaki KL 250 enduro!! Bikes rule.

Reed that looks pretty much like the one I had without the rear bumper.

Has a 360° swivel hitch, spare tire and luggage rack like the one your thinking of.

Our lid opened from back to front rather then front to back.

One word of advice I learned the hard way, to much weight on tongue trailer sways something bad, to much in back and bike sways so pack heavy stuff over axle.

And do get a spare tire.

Post a picture of bike and trailer once you get it.

Will do, I am going to get the chrome swivel and the spare tire for sure. Also going to get the independant suspension. Not a big fan of leaf springs on this kind of trailer. I do think that it opens from back to front and will get the self opening door props. Cooler carrier for sure and covers for both. My total cost for all the extras and trailer is around 2600.00.

Reed