Sign in to follow this  
John T

22 degrees today so I went out soliciting.

Question

We haven't started yet because the weather has been to harsh. I'm bunching up bookings for 2 weeks from now so my guys can go out for full days. We don't do partial days and if we do I pay in full to my guys for a days work.

So today I hit a few commercial establishments to solicit work. I hated every second of it especially when some security guards wouldn't even let me through 2 of these places. There high end but my goal is to crack these places. One of them pays aprox $100,000+ for just a few weeks of Powerwashing. It's getting to the facility operators is the problem.

My wife on the other hand was working the phones and calling as far as SD Cali to get the phone numbers we need here. It's a work in progress and if I ever figure out how to crack these places maybe I'll do a class on it at a reputable event because this one is alot tricker then it seems especially when I'm chasing the bigger paying jobs at this stage of the game.

4 answers to this question

100,000 for few weeks of pw what?

It's a parking garage, and tons of walkways. Probably a buck and half can be had on this job since around 10yrs ago a contractor did all this work for the hundred grand and it was knocked out in 2 weeks then.

You should do any work you can. If they only work half a day it is better than nothing and if you do them now then you can fill that spot in 2weeks with another customer.

Good point Brian if only could get past security in there. We'll keep working on companies like this and we'll take any work we can get. Even if it's for a couple of hours. Thanks for the tip:)