Sign in to follow this  
jnoden

ShurFlo Backpack

I currently brush and roll decks and apply chemicals with a pump up. I might purchase a deckster next year but was thinking about trying the Surflo backpack sprayer. It has a battery built in to it and viton seals. I was just wandering if 1gpm and 40psi would suffice. Has anyone used this set up?

jnoden

I've never used that set up but i don't see why it wouldn't work.I use a 1.8 gpm and 60 psi for all my cleaning and staining jobs.

How big is the tank on that back pack?

I don't know if i would want to wear that back pack and have the chems leak on me!!!!!!

I wouldn't want a tank smaller than 5 gal due to having to fill it up too often.Most of my deck jobs are 1000 sqft and up so not having to stop spraying to fill up is key.

I believe it is a two gallon tank. I am waiting to hear back for a shurflo rep. Hopefully they make spare parts for it because I would hate to throw away a $150 sprayer after using sodiumhydroxide in it a few times. Are the tips on sprayers universal? in other words can I put a tip on this thing that will be better suited for spraying sealer. Does anyone know what would be the best tip for sealers? Does anyone have an opinion as to what is the best psi and gpm for applying searlers? Seymore it looks like it is close for PSI but only half the GPM as what you use. This might not be enough for opitmal perfomance.