Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sopowerclean

Surface Cleaner Troubles

Guest Sopowerclean

I have been having troubles with my surface cleaners latley streaking the driveways. I thought it may be a swivel going bad on one of them but then i started using a different one and same problem. Could anyone give any advice on this. I have changed tips and still not working correctly.

My specs are as follows

3500 psi 5.6 gpm machine running 200' of hose. 16" eagle wash hover and a 20" sidewinder hydramation hover. I have tried different variations on the tip adjustments. I have tested my machine and it is putting out 3500 psi but it has a small water leak from the pump head that i have to get fixed. could this water leak contribute to the streaking. Pleaseeeee Helpppppppppp.

Lawrence Carter

Southern Power Clean

Here are a few things that I have learned (the hard way sometimes) about surface cleaners:

The size of the tip matters - the size and spray angle.

The angle of the nozzle matters - it determines how fast, or slow, the spinner bar goes. It also affects the speed of the bar, just like a jet engine.

If the tips come in contact with anything while spinning, several (bad) things can happen - it can change the angle of the tip or break the spinner bar.

The spinner bar can develop a leak without it being obvious. This will slow the bar.

A clogged tip can slow the bar.

A slower bar means it takes longer to clean and you leave streaks.

The grease fitting is there for a reason.

The in-line filter is there (or should be there) for a reason. If the filter becomes clogged, the bar will slow down.

If the surface cleaner is vibrating more than normal, the bar is probably spinning too fast. (Like an engine over-revving.) This is not good for the swivel.

Over-revving can also be caused by a clogged tip. This can happen if you don't have an in-line filter - or if the one you have is so messed-up that it allows junk to get through.

I hope you find something in this post to help.

John