Sign in to follow this  
jnoden

Dry Vit repair?

Question

Washed a house yesterday and on a dormer below the window a piece of Dryvit a little larger than the size of a silver dollar flaked off. Even though in my disclaimer it states that I am not responsible for loose siding etc., I felt that I should allow him to deduct some money or repair it. He kept $150 out of money owed contingent on its repair. I know Home depot carries stucco patch kits but not dry vit. Does anyone have any experience with this? I now know that I will turn down any Dry vit jobs (not many around here anyways).

1 answer to this question

Home depot is not the place to purchase repair material for synthetic stucco. You need to find someone in your area that sells STO, SYNERGY, FINEWALL, SONOWALL, MASTERWALL, these are just a few manufacturers that make sythetic stucco finish. it sound like it is not your fault. they probably have not kept up the system and have areas that need help. My fulltime job as a construction supply sales rep I sell some of these items and you could get by with fixing it for less than what they held back find someone in your area that sells these products and have them come and look at it and advise you on what you need, or advise you on someone who could fix it for you.