Sign in to follow this  
Celeste

Be careful what you wish for!

Question

I told Roger that I wanted to replace a raggedy section of our privacy fencing this year. It was a section next to our house that had been damaged by a fallen tree several years back. Behind the fence was a log pile (remnants of that same tree) We were putting it off until we got some other things taken care of first.

Guess what's getting replaced very very soon!

11 answers to this question

No, we didn't use the pressure washer - it lives on the other side of the house. We did however, finish off our fire extinguishers that we carry in the truck and on trailer.

Speaking of fire extinguishers. Here's a tip. Large high occupancy buildings like hotels often find that it is cheaper to buy new ones than have the old ones pulled, serviced, and rehung every 2 years. They throw away hundreds of perfectly good extinguishers. My fathers neighbor is a mechanic at huge hotel and I got 4 last year. My dad has two, and almost all his neighbors have at least one on their shop. If you know anyone in that trade, ask.

Unfortunately, it was not me smoking - I have a sneaky teenager, need I say more? (Still alive for the moment) We are very thankful that we have observant neighbors and that we were able to get it put out before any further damage was done. The only casualty was the fence, thank Heaven. It was a very sobering morning, that's for certain.

Celeste

Celeste I don't know you personally, nor do I know Roger, therefore I know nothing of your kids.......but am I safe to say that you're teenager is going to learn how to hang a fence in the very near future?

Hard labor builds character.

Trust me!!

:lgkick:

ps: glad to see that there were no injuries and any serious damage.

Not only hanging a fence, but (1) cleaning up ashes (2) digging post holes (3) setting posts (4) doing those stringer things and the multitude of other little steps AND turning loose of her hard-earned pt job money to pay for it. I might even make her chain smoke the entire time she's putting it up. She's never gonna want another one. Ugh - I'm getting mad again! @@#^%(#@#*^$#

Nothing that serious, but I had a good bone head move today. I was backing the trailer into my uphill drive with a 28ft ladder in the back of the pickup. Anyway, best I can guess the ladder became ensnared in the tote tank cage and stored up energy like a spring. I never noticed anything except that the trailer jack dragged (it never does). About 10 seconds later, I hear a clunk (ladder releases) and then see the ladder cartwheeling over the trucks roof. The front of the ladder strikes the ground and the back (still secured by the rope) falls squarely on my drivers side mirror snapping it off. The mirror is fixable, but the roof will forever have a small spot where water ponds...

No one's life was at risk in my little mishap, but I thought it might make you feel better to know that kids aren't the only ones capable of being stupid and tearing stuff up.

Celeste next time your girl wants to have a block BBQ explain it has to be out front!

Doolittle, you need a ladder rack that is above the top of your truck or secure the ladder to the side of your trailer.