Sign in to follow this  
desi

pressure actuated unloader

Today I was working and my unloader may have been over worked craftsman 3400 psi 4gpm. The plastic cap on top of the unloader valve( not the knob, but the cap) shot off a foot or so. The p.w still rund fine and I snapped that cap back on.Did something bad happen?

Today I was working and my unloader may have been over worked craftsman 3400 psi 4gpm. The plastic cap on top of the unloader valve( not the knob, but the cap) shot off a foot or so. The p.w still rund fine and I snapped that cap back on.Did something bad happen?

probably just the vibration of the machine worked it loose....the cap doesnt do anything except keep crud out of the hole.....down inside the hole there is a bolt, nut, allen screw or whatever your machine uses, this is what actually adjusts the pressure (and volume) of the machine if you actually use the knob to adjust your settings......I (as do most) use different nozzles to adjust pressure and dont mess with the adjustable unloader...

if you turn the knob to reduce and then crank it back up but the pressure refuses to return up, pop the cap and tighten the bolt, nut, screw or whatever back down.......it happens