Sign in to follow this  
bulletproof

Calcium Hypochlorite

Guys, I would like to know what the difference is between this and sodium hypochlorite? I know that pool guys normaly use this to clean and kill bacteria but can this be used as a house wash/ mildew removing agent , and if so, what is a safe proportion to use it . Just for further info, it comes in crystalized form.:confused:

pool shock in powder form.

It contain's filler's. So to mix a powder that has filler's in it you need to use all of it. If not every scoop can/will be diffrent.

Also it will weaken every day you dont use it.

I suggest sticking with reg ol store bought bleach or try a percab bleach. EFC38

I bought some calcium hypochloride (Pool Shock) for my pool and then I had to call and have some pipes fixed that were under warranty after they froze over the winter. When the pool guy got here he told me to take the calcium back because it would cause a chemical reaction if poured straight into the skimmer when it came into contact with the 3" tabs and cause an explosion. I was told to buy the Sodium Dichloride it is a better (Pool Shock) and much safer to use. This is a warning to you guys that have pools the guy that came out to fix my pool is the actual distributor he is not the sales people and the guys is friend of mine.:D